- Dropbox: Store up to 2 GB of files on the web for free.
- Awwapp is a touch-friendly, collaborative whiteboard app that is accesible from computers, tablets, or smartphones. Use Awwapp to sketch, draw, and share your work.
- Padlet is a freeform wiki-esque tool that allows users to collaboratively post various forms of multimedia onto one board.
- Wiggio: Wiggio is a free tool that allows you to work productively in groups. Wiggio allows you host virtual meetings and conference calls, create and assign to-do lists, manage events with a shared calendar, poll group members, send email, text and voice messages as well as upload and manage shared files.
- Piazza: Piazza is a free online gathering place where students can ask, answer, and explore 24/7 under the guidance of their instructor. With Piazza, instructors can easily answer questions, manage course materials, and track student participation.
- PBWorks: PBWorks is another popular wiki site allowing for collaborative work in and outside classrooms.
- VoiceThread: VoiceThreads are collaborative presentations that can be used to view, share, and comment on artifacts. Artifacts can include videos, photos, documents, or websites. Comments, which may be created by other VoiceThread users, can be made using voice, video (from a webcam), text, or audio clips. With a free account, you can save up to three VoiceThreads. No software needs to be installed to create a VoiceThread.
- Mindomo: Mindomo is an online mind map software where users can co-create, view and share mind maps in their browser.
- Tackk: Tackk makes it easy to create pages for everything in your life. Customize your Tackk to make it unique, and add fun content like Instagram pics, Vines and more.
Educational Resources (link): 50 ways to use Wikis for a more collaborative and interactive classroom
- Appear.in is a free web conferencing tool. Create video conversations with up to 8 people for free – no login, no downloads. Create a video room. Share the link. Appear together! Please note that the screen sharing feature only works in Google Chrome.
- Skype: Skype is a software application that allows you to make voice or video calls over the internet. Skype can be used to set up video or audio-only meetings. This is an effective tool for one-on-one meetings. There is also a built in screen sharing tool that allows participants to share presentations or other work from their computer screen with others.
- ooVoo: OoVoo is similar to Skype. However ooVoo allows you to video conference with up to 6 simultaneous users. Perfect for small group meetings.
Copyright © 2017 | Instructional Technology and Design Services (ITDS) at Montclair State University | All Rights Reserved