“Empowering Online Teaching and Learning” is a four-week program intended to provide faculty with an overview of teaching and learning online, applicable for both online and hybrid courses. Facilitated by our Instructional Designers, this course will demand approximately 2 – 4 hours of participation over each of the four weeks. Participation in this program is highly recommended for all faculty members who will be teaching online or hybrid courses for the first time at Montclair State University.
Our next sessions will be offered fully online coming this Fall from 10/16/17 – 11/12/17.
Registration is open. Please consider joining our Fall cohort.
This program is conducted in Canvas and includes the following four weekly modules:
- Introduction to Teaching and Learning Online
- Approaches to Online Instruction
- Online Community and Interaction
- Online Learning Assessments
This course is considered the pedagogical track of our faculty development program (FDP). We also offer a technology track to strengthen your mastery of instructional technologies. This track includes foundational workshops, delivered both face-to-face and online.
Please find additional details about the Canvas workshops here.
From the fall of 2012, when the first cohort was offered, through the fall of 2016, there have been more than 20 cohorts offered including over 400 faculty registrants, across colleges and departments. To learn more about the structure and components of the faculty development program and data analysis of faculty participation and survey responses from this first year of implementation, view the our group’s presentation from NJEdge here: http://bit.ly/EOTL-NJEDGE-Video
Offerings by Semester:
- Summer 2017: 1 online cohort
- Spring 2017: 1 online cohort
- Fall 2016: 1 online cohort
- Summer 2016: 1 online cohort
- Spring 2016: 2 cohorts (1 hybrid and 1 online)
- Fall 2015: 1 online cohort
- Summer 2015: 3 cohorts (1 hybrid and 2 online)
- Spring 2015: 3 online cohorts
- Spring 2014: 2 online cohorts
- Fall 2013: 1 online cohort
- Summer 2013: 1 online cohort
- Spring 2013: 3 online cohorts
- Fall 2012: 1 online cohort
Instructional Technology and Design Services (ITDS) | Copyright © 2017 Montclair State University | All Rights Reserved