Canvas is the university’s new Learning Management System. MSU’s Canvas site is accessible at https://montclair.instructure.com/. Log in by using NetID and password.
Canvas training classes have been created and are being offered in multiple sections. In addition, we now offer Canvas evening and online training classes, as well as Private group training for individual departments/programs.
- Introduction to Canvas (Now offering evening and online classes) –
- Facilitating Interaction In Canvas (Now offering evening and online classes) –
- Designing Assessments in Canvas (Now offering evening and online classes) –
- Importing Blackboard Course Content into Canvas –
- Building Communities in Canvas –
- Canvas: Web Conferencing Online – This course focuses on how to use the built-in feature of conferencing in your Canvas courses to allow you to conduct synchronous (real-time) lectures/meetings for all your students in your course. Conferencing allows you to broadcast real-time audio and video, demo applications on your desktop, share presentation slides, or demo any online resources. This workshop will be conducted “Live” online.[/toggle]
Below are Canvas Self-paced Training Resources and documentation
- MSU Canvas Overview (Pre-recorded)
- MSU Faculty Canvas Orientation Course
- MSU Course Transfer Guides
- MSU Canvas Course Template
- Canvas Guides for instructors
- MSU MyMedia (NJVid) and Canvas
- MSU Canvas vs Blackboard – Comparison tools
Visit our new Canvas website: http://www.montclair.edu/oit/canvas/, for additional information.
Canvas Instructure Live Webinars
CanvasLIVE is a free webinar series designed to give Canvas users additional training and an opportunity to share their knowledge with the community. Each session includes a brief tutorial on a Canvas tool or feature, focused demonstration, and a short Q&A with Canvas experts. Join us to learn something new and share your ideas and best practices with other Canvas users.
Webinars are open to everyone. Click here to register for a CanvasLIVE session.